today i’m loving ..
.. wiggling out a new space for a crafting spot for Abby
- in the family room, by the window
- the cedar desk was hard rubbish thrifted from down the street
- the top is put together with reclaimed floorboards
from an old community of arts hall in northern NSW,
bought & kindly cut to size from these very lovely and knowledgeable fellows..
.. busy chooks, scratching through the mint patch
- which reminds me
there’s more chook proofing yet to be done to the garden ..
.. the tidiest bedroom I’ve seen in months
& it’s mostly vacuumed too ..
.. julian’s hard rubbish find – a set of six chrome chairs
- he’s scrubbing them down with a fine steel wool
& taking them into their new office space ..
.. a little girlie who asked if we could tidy up the courtyard
as the most fun thing she could think of to do
during her afternoon with us
- she even left a little floral arrangement
on the table so it would look extra nice when Julian came home ..
.. looking up with laughter to see that Fu was watching us
from the spare ‘oom bed ..
.. my all-time favourite scent of jasmine
- the ultimate sign that spring is on its way
- so pervasive that it even manages to disguise
the permanent smell of rat pee in the man shed ..
(what? your man shed doesn’t smell of rat pee? huh!)
.. baby-sitting that provides so much more
than just extra dollars in the weekly purse
- two “only” girls enjoying the cosiness of big & little
.. watching my unwanted table, placed neatly on the front footpath,
leave in less than 5 minutes with a gentleman
who first joined me in the garden to politely enquire
whether I was sure I no longer needed it ..
.. then turning back to see this ..
.. & knowing that when I walk in,
I shall be surrounded by warmth, love & happiness ..